The park is finally open!… Kinda…
Universal Studios Hollywood has announced a new “Taste of Universal” food festival that will be held inside the park on weekends beginning March 12.
Tickets for Friday start at $44+tax. Tickets for Saturdays and Sundays start at $49+tax. Children 3-9 are $25+tax. Discounted admission tickets will be available for Universal Annual and Season Pass members. Adult tickets include 5 menu selections, while the child’s ticket includes 3 selections. Items must be redeemed on the day of your visit.
Guests will be able to take in the incredible environments that surround them as they enjoy the scrumptious food, including vegan and vegetarian options, served within these areas. This includes:
- “Springfield, U.S.A.” — Home of The Simpsons featuring Krusty Burger, Suds McDuff’s Hot Dog House, the Lard Lad Donut Cart and Kwik-E-Mart.
- “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™” — Stroll through Hogsmeade village and enjoy shops such as Honeydukes™, Ollivanders™, Owl Post™, Zonko’s™ Joke Shop, Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment, Dervish and Banges™, Gladrags Wizardwear and Filch’s Emporium™ of Confiscated Goods, and feast on food favorites, including Three Broomsticks™ Fish & Chips, Sticky Toffee Pudding and Butterbeer.
- The debut of Minion Cafe, a delicious new dining experience, located adjacent to the popular “Despicable Me Minion Mayhem” ride, offering such tasty fare as Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with Meatballs, Chicken & Bacon Mac and Cheese, and Nutella Banana pudding.
- The Hollywood & Dine section will feature:
- Authentic Mexican fare at Cocina Mexicana with such favorites as Queso Street Tacos, Loaded Nachos all topped with choice of Tinga or Carnita & Birria, Tortilla Cut Chips with Guacamole, Chili Relleno and Elote Corn on the cobb with Lime Crema.
- Hollywood & Dine, the establishment located just inside the theme park’s main entry, serving a selection of comfort foods including, Hot Chicken Sandwich, Clam Chowder in a Sourdough Bowl, Personal Pizza with choice of pepperoni or cheese, Brisket Sliders with Caramelized Onions, Korean Hot Dog, and mini funnel cake.
City Snack Shop offering grab-and-go treats such as the quintessential NYC Giant Pretzel, Spicy Pomegranate Glazed Turkey Leg, and the debut of the Crepewich, which features sweet (Banana and Nutella, or Strawberry Chocolate) and savory (club or Spinach and Berry vegetarian) temptations.
This marks the first time guests will step foot inside the park since it closed on March 14th last year due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Due to current restrictions in the state of California, rides and shows will not be in operation. Disneyland and Knott’s Berry Farm are doing similar events while waiting for the clear to return to normal opening operations. Universal Studios Hollywood is working closely with local health and government officials to implement new health and safety procedures that include controlled capacity to enforce physical distancing and required face coverings.
Stay tuned to Inside Universal for all the latest on Universal Parks & Resorts.