Confisco Grille at Universal’s Islands of Adventure has a new menu featuring a variety of dishes inspired by flavors from across the globe. The new Executive Chef of Universal’s Islands of Adventure, Jason Glus, and his team created the new menu by re-visiting the story behind the venue. The all-new dishes reflect the “worldwide travels of visiting explorers”.
Glus is infusing a mixture of global cuisines from Asia, Turkey, Greece, Russia, Poland and more into the reimagined menu.
Since Universal’s Islands of Adventure first opened in 1999, the restaurant has served as a resting spot for guests coming through the Port of Entry.
Some of the new menu items include:
- Pork Belly Banh-Mi Sandwich: Roasted pork belly, pickled carrots, daikon radish and cucumber topped with a chile aioli on a French baguette
- Chilled Tuna Noodle Bowl: Sesame seared yellowfin tuna, soba noodles, green onion, avocado, edamame, cucumber and a wasabi-ponzu dressing
- Grilled Lamb Meatballs: Grilled spiced lamb meatballs with tzatziki sauce, tomato-cucumber relish, feta cheese and mint chimichurri
- Sweet and Sour Sticky Ribs: Philippine-inspired smoked pork ribs tossed in a sweet and sour sauce, served over goat cheese polenta and topped with toasted sesame seeds
- Chicken Curry Chakra: Caribbean chicken curry, carrots, onions, peppers, raisins and coconut jasmine rice
“Our guests are asking for this. They want more than just the pretzels and fried food. We’re bringing different dishes and ingredients to the parks that you can’t find anywhere else throughout Universal,” Chef Glus explains.
Guests can still find classics like the juicy Confisco Burger, sizzling Port of Entry Fajitas, and Trader Wings. Plant-based dishes, gluten-free options, and other dietary accommodations are available.
You can find the full menu online and call (407) 224-FOOD to inquire about dietary accommodations ahead of your visit.