Universal Orlando has taken its first steps of reopening during the Coronavirus pandemic, as they have announced CityWalk will be opening in a limited capacity beginning May 14.
Select venues will be opening for guests from 4–10 pm daily (and is subject to change). The following venues are:
Full-service restaurants and quick-service food locations:
- Auntie Anne’s Pretzels
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Restaurant and Market
- Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville (outside & Lone Palm)
- Red Oven Pizza Bakery mobile ordering available
- Voodoo Doughnut mobile ordering available
- Hart & Huntington Tattoo Company (retail only)
- Universal Studios Store and select merchandise carts
- Hollywood Drive-In Golf
Each restaurant will have a limited menu and limited seating available. Self-parking will be complimentary, however, Valet parking will remain unavailable at this time.
Universal is taking specific measures that include screening guests and team members, social distancing, and requiring everyone to wear a face covering. Universal will also be limiting capacity at venues and increasing cleaning and disinfection procedures.
Other measures include:
- Team members will undergo temperature checks and will wear face coverings.
- Temperature checks for each guest upon arrival. If a guest has a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater, they will not be able to enter CityWalk.
- Guests are required to wear face coverings during their visit. Face coverings will be available for purchase at cost.
- Each venue will limit the capacity to help enforce social distancing, and all chairs and tables will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each seating. High-touch surfaces throughout CityWalk will be frequently cleaned and disinfected as well.
- Cashless payments will be available at all venues
Per Universal, they will continue to monitor the situation and make adjustments as needed. Additional venues may be added over time, and hours of operation are subject to change. Universal Orlando’s theme parks and hotels, as well as Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal CityWalk Hollywood, remain closed through at least May 31.