Universal Orlando has changed their safety guidelines, dropping its mandated outdoor mask requirement for visiting guests.
Mask use is still required in indoor locations, including attractions, shops, and restaurants.
The change comes as the CDC recently released new guidelines stating fully vaccinated people no longer need to wear a mask in a majority of settings. Universal has remained in contact with local health and government officials before making any adjustment.
Per the Universal Orlando website:
- Face coverings are not mandatory while outdoors.
- Face coverings are still required in all indoor locations including shops and restaurants.
- Face coverings are required at all attractions—from the moment the queue begins until the exit of the experience.
- Guests must still provide their own face covering.
- Social Distancing between travel parties remains at three feet (1 meter).