Universal Beijing shared the first looks and details behind all the amazing lands, hotels, and experiences coming to the Resort; set to open in May 2021.
Universal Beijing Resort is a widely anticipated theme park destination that will feature the Universal Studios Beijing theme park, the Universal CityWalk Beijing retail, dining and entertainment complex, and two hotels.
The hotels include the Universal Studios Grand Hotel, the first-ever Universal-themed resort hotel, and the first NUO-branded resort hotel from Beijing Tourism Group.
The Universal Studios Beijing theme park will feature seven highly themed and immersive lands that include several all-new attractions along with the selected Universal rides, shows, and attractions from around the world – plus specially created experiences designed to reflect China’s cultural heritage.
Guests enter through the CityWalk entertainment complex and approach the Universal Grand Hotel, which serves as the gateway to the entire park.
Universal Studios Beijing features seven immersive, themed lands, which include Kung Fu Panda Land of Awesomeness, Transformers Metrobase, Minion Land, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Jurassic World Isla Nublar, Hollywood, and Waterworld.
- In Transformers Metrobase, the first entire Transformers land in the world exclusively built at the Universal Beijing Resort, guests can choose to become “guest agents” and fight together with Autobots on thrilling rides like the Decepticoaster, the biggest and most exciting roller coaster in the Resort or the Transformers: Battle for the AllSpark, one of the most popular rides in the land or visit the Energon Power Station to “replenish energy” like a bot.
- Guests can explore The Valley of Peace of Kung Fu Panda Land of Awesomeness, inspired by DreamWorks Animation’s beloved film franchise. Set in “Legendary China”, this is Universal’s first Kung Fu Panda-themed land. The Valley of Peace is the small town where Po, the panda hero of this story, lives. Guests can go on a Kung Fu adventure with Po, fighting against Tian Sha on a unique flume ride, Kung Fu Panda Journey of the Dragon Warrior.
- Inspired by Illumination’s Despicable Me franchise, Minion Land elates and captivates guests, welcoming them into a spectacular, one-of-a-kind immersive experience that invites them to explore iconic locations from the blockbuster films like never before. Throughout the land, guests can interact with the mischievous Minions themselves and, in the land’s signature attraction, Despicable Me Minion Mayhem, guests join Gru, his daughters, and the Minions for an unpredictable and utterly electrifying ride. Guests are transformed into Minions and are launched into an unforgettable trip through Gru’s Super Villain laboratory.
- Walking into The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™, Hogwarts™ castle perfectly embodies this incredible world full of infinite possibilities. Discover Dumbledore’s Office, Defense Against the Dark Arts Classroom, Gryffindor Common Room, and the Room of Requirement. The beloved Butterbeer™ is also available for guests to enjoy. In addition, guests may experience an adventure like no other with Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey™. This can-not-miss ride will refresh guests’ understanding of immersive entertainment and allow guests fly with Harry on a journey through familiar scenes in the movie and experience a completely immersive journey into the wizarding world.
- Welcome to Jurassic World Isla Nublar, inspired by Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment’s legendary blockbuster franchise. Guests will explore this island of wonder and thrills where dinosaurs roam the Earth again. Inside guests will find an authentic and magnificent world has been expertly brought to life in jaw-dropping detail. Guests can explore this hidden world with four unique zones filled with interactive adventures. With “Jurassic World Adventure”, the main ride of this area, guests will take the All-Terrain Luxury Automatic System (ATLAS) into the wilderness of Nublar Island and embark on an adventure in the turbulent world of dinosaurs, encountering Tyrannosaurus rex, Indominus rex and Velociraptor.
Encountering the Unique Entertainment Beyond Expectation
With 24 shows and entertainment experiences, Universal Beijing Resort blurs the lines between stage and cinema in first-ever entertainment experiences utilizing live performers, interactive props, and unique sets.
Universal Beijing Resort unveiled two unique shows today: Lights, Camera, Action! featured in Hollywood Boulevard and Waterworld Stunt Show.
Featuring world-renowned directors, Zhang Yimou and Steven Spielberg, Lights, Camera, Action! merges both Western and Eastern popular culture, leading guests into the behind-the-scenes glitz and glamour of film special effects.
In addition, Universal Studios Beijing will offer Waterworld Stunt Show in the first land dedicated to Waterworld. Guests will join in an immersive adventure and experience a thrilling water battle that gives them an up-close look at the stunt show of water motorboats, high-dives, gunfire, explosions, as well as a plane crash with great sensory stimulation.
Universal Beijing Resort is developed, constructed and operated by Beijing International Resort Co., Ltd., a joint venture that is 70 percent owned by Beijing Shouhuan Cultural Tourism Investment Co., Ltd., and 30 percent owned by Universal Parks & Resorts, a business unit of Comcast NBCUniversal.
Beijing Shouhuan Cultural Tourism Investment Company, Ltd. (BSH Investment) was founded to support the investment of Universal Beijing Resort. Under the guideline to, “drive the development of an industry and a region with a project,” BSH Investment and Universal Parks & Resort will jointly invest Universal Beijing Resort with extraordinary design, technology, creativity, and environmental protection.