Universal Orlando has announced Mardi Gras 2021: International Flavors of Carnaval, an adjusted Mardi Gras event that will expand on the authentic cuisine inspired by the most iconic Carnaval festivities across the globe. The event will take place daily at Universal Studios Florida from Saturday, February 6, and continue through Sunday, March 28.
More than 70 dishes and beverages from 13 locations around the globe will be featured this year. Mardi Gras will be celebrated throughout Universal Studios Florida, as the park will be vibrantly decorated and feature costumed dancers and stilt performers just like years prior (just at a safe distance). Guests will also have the first-ever opportunity to get up close with the intricately-detailed Mardi Gras floats that will be stationed throughout the theme park.
A newly-themed Mardi Gras Tribute Store stocked with new merchandise will also be returning. The store will be featuring 3 rooms inspired by the event:
- A hopping jazz parlor straight out of the 1920s with dueling pianos and bellowing brass
- A flower-filled nautical cemetery, where many sea captains were laid to rest
- A waterfront warehouse, where all manner of smuggled treasures and trinkets are stashed
The diverse culinary menu will feature iconic Cajun fare and traditional Carnaval flavors from across the globe, including:
- Fan-favorite Cajun cuisine from New Orleans, such as a Crawfish Boil, Jambalaya, Beignets, and other Big Easy delights
- Classic Carnaval dishes from the islands, such as Pernil & Mofongo from Puerto Rico, a vegan Pholourie from Trinidad and Tobago, and Jerk Chicken from the Bahamas
- Pork Schnitzel Sliders and Bavarian Pretzels from Germany, iconic Paella Mixta and Leche Frita from Spain and Belgium Liege Waffles from Belgium
- Other famous flavors from Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Cuba, Italy, France, and more
A tasting lanyard will be available for purchase, with details coming soon. There will also be Carnaval-themed menu options at Universal CityWalk and at the Universal Orlando Resort hotels, as well as a Mardi Gras Scavenger Hunt. Details on those will also be made available soon.
As Universal continues to implement its enhanced health and safety procedures, the popular concert series will not be featured for this year’s event.
Universal will continue to screen guests and team members, enforcing social distancing, requiring face coverings, limiting capacity, and increasing the already-aggressive cleaning and disinfection procedures. Guests may remove their face coverings while actively eating or drinking, but must be stationary and maintain appropriate social distancing.
All of the excitement of Universal Orlando’s Mardi Gras 2021: International Flavors of Carnaval celebration is included with admission to Universal Studios Florida or with a Seasonal or Annual Pass. To learn more about Mardi Gras 2021: International Flavors of Carnaval, visit www.UniversalOrlando.com/MardiGras.