The world’s first Simpsons themed environment is now open at Universal Orlando Resort. Springfield – the expansive, new area in Universal Studios Florida – invites guests to step inside the hometown of America’s favorite animated family, The Simpsons, like never before.
For the first time ever, guests can enter downtown Springfield and visit the places that helped the town stake its claim as “Shelbyville by the Sea.” Anchored by the mega-attraction, The Simpsons Ride, the newly-themed area includes iconic eateries and knick-knack nooks from the hit animated series, The Simpsons, and an all-new outdoor attraction based on the show’s “evil” alien duo, Kang & Kodos. Guests may even run into Chief Wiggum (if he doesn’t run into them first).
Earlier this summer, Fast Food Blvd. opened as the first phase for the Springfield Expansion.
While walking through Springfield, guests can enjoy:
- A “Genuine Clown-Endorsed Meal” and Buzz Cola at Krusty Burger
- Grab a Homer-sized helping of donuts at Lard Lad
- Imbibe at Moe’s Tavern with a Flaming Moe
- Get “embiggened” at the Jebediah Springfield statue
- Enjoy a “Taco Fresho” at Bumblebee Man’s Taco Truck
- Snatch the catch of the day at the Frying Dutchman
- Get a slice that’s “a-nice” at Luigi’s Pizza
- Hang out at Duff Brewery and enjoy a Duff Beer – brewed exclusively for Universal Orlando Resort
- Go for an intergalactic spin on the area’s new attraction, Kang & Kodos’ Twirl ‘n’ Hurl
- Meet Krusty the Clown and Sideshow Bob – Universal’s two newest walkaround Simpsons characters
“Fans who love both The Simpsons and the ride at Universal Orlando will now be able to experience a much deeper immersion into The Simpsons world with the launch of Springfield,” said Jeffrey Godsick, President, Fox Consumer Products.
“I hope everyone has as much pure, irresponsible fun as we did writing the ride, signs and food menus. We raise our Flaming Moe’s to ye,” said James L. Brooks, Executive Producer, The Simpsons.
“When creating Springfield, we wanted to make guests truly feel like they’re part of the record-breaking animated show,” said Mark Woodbury, President, Universal Creative. “Now fans can become part of The Simpsons family and step inside the same places Homer and his family visit on a regular basis.”
Visit our forums to see what others have said about the new area, as well as some reviews on the food & drink here.
For more information about Universal Orlando Resort, visit www.universalorlando.com.