Aquatica Orlando has announced that Riptide Race, the dueling racer waterslide, will be opening on April 3, 2021.
Billed as “Florida’s First and Only Dueling Racer”, the new waterslide race pits teams against each other in a splash to the finish line.
“We are thrilled to introduce Riptide Race, an experience you won’t find anywhere else in Florida. Aquatica is the first waterpark in the state to have a dueling racer and we know our guests are going to love the fun of challenging their friends and family in a race to the finish,” said Kyle Miller, Park President.
Riptide Race starts at its 68-foot tower, with riders grabbing a two-person raft before racing along the 650-foot slide to see who finishes first. Riptide Race features a height requirement of 42 inches.
Aquatica will also be opening 2 new dining experiences: Ke-Re’s Bar and Papa’s Cantina.
Ke-Re’s Bar is an open-air bar that allows guests to soak in the sun, enjoy views of the park, or catch a game on the flat screen. Refreshing, handcrafted cocktails include:
- Pineapple Plunge: Malibu Coconut Rum and Pineapple with a twist of Amaretto and Butterscotch
- Orlando Vice: A flavorful fusion of two island classics—Pina Colada and Strawberry Daiquiri
- Ke-Re’s Riptide Margarita: Milagro Tequila, mixed with lemonade and the perfect balance of cranberry, strawberry, and lime
Papa’s Cantina will be opening soon at Aquatica, offerings a vibrant, one-of-a-kind dining experience. The menu includes:
- Signature Empanadas with a wide variety of savory and sweet fillings. Try the fresh and flavor-packed buffalo chicken, the classic beef and cheese, or the light and airy spinach artichoke empanadas. For dessert, guests can order the hazelnut empanada.
- Boneless Wings seasoned, and hand-tossed to perfection in Papa’s signature sauces. Take the heat, zest it up, or amplify the flavor with Papa’s Secret Sauce.
- Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Refreshers, featuring Barrilitos Aguas Frescas. Come try refreshing flavors like Watermelon, Strawberry Hibiscus, and Mango Lime.
- Papa’s Special, the ultimate combination of flavor with 4 empanadas, 12 boneless wings, and your choice of 3 signature dipping sauces.