After a little more than a year of being closed, Universal Studios Hollywood will officially reopen on April 16!
Tickets to Universal Studios Hollywood will be available to California residents only and can be purchased online beginning on Thursday, April 8. Pass Members will be offered a series of complimentary Bonus Days on select days from Thursday, April 15 through Sunday, May 16; these Bonus Days can be reserved by Annual and Season Pass Members online starting on Monday, April 5. Annual and Season Pass Members will be able to resume regular use of their passes starting on Monday, May 17.
When the park reopens, guests will finally be able to check out the all-new The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash!; as well as the new finale for Jurassic World – The Ride.
While most rides will be operational, some rides and attractions will reopen at a later date as the theme park complies with government restrictions. Universal Studios Hollywood continues to work in partnership with health and government officials to implement new health and safety procedures that include controlled capacity to enforce physical distancing and required face coverings. In accordance with government guidelines, only California residents may visit the theme park at this time. Some of the safety protocols include:
- Temperature checks for all guests upon arrival. If temperatures exceed 100.4° Fahrenheit / 38° Celsius or greater, guests will not be permitted to enter.
- Face coverings required for all guests throughout their visit. Face coverings also will be available for purchase.
- Controlled capacity within the theme park, and limited occupancy at all CityWalk venues to help enforce physical distancing. Some areas and programs may remain temporarily closed.
- Rigorous cleaning and disinfecting at all food locations, restrooms, and all other high touchpoints.
- Physical distancing practices at all locations throughout the park and at rides and attractions.
- Eating and drinking permitted only in designated dining areas.
- Contactless payment options wherever possible.
“We are incredibly thrilled to finally be able to open Universal Studios Hollywood, return team members to work, and welcome guests back to enjoy our amazing rides,” said Karen Irwin, President & COO, Universal Studios Hollywood. “It has been a very challenging year and we are overjoyed to have arrived at this moment.”
Due to capacity limits, until further notice, guests with unredeemed tickets purchased prior to April 8, 2021 will need to make an advance reservation at www.UniversalStudiosHollywood.com for their visit dates.
Stay tuned to Inside Universal for all the latest on Universal Parks & Resorts.