After being closed for more than a year, Universal Studios Hollywood has officially grand reopened.
The reopening process kicked off yesterday for Annual and Season Pass Members who were allowed to enjoy a special park preview.
While most rides will be operational, some rides and attractions will reopen at a later date as the theme park complies with government restrictions – such as The Simpsons Ride and Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem. Guests will also be able to check out the brand-new The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash ride and new scenes at Jurassic World: The Ride.
“We have been looking forward to this moment for over a year and are incredibly thrilled to reopen our theme park today,” said Karen Irwin, President & COO, Universal Studios Hollywood. “There is certainly lots to celebrate and we are overjoyed to return team members to work and welcome guests back to enjoy a Universal Studios Hollywood experience that is better than ever.”
In accordance with government guidelines, only California residents may visit the theme park at this time and party size is limited to three households. Tickets to Universal Studios Hollywood are on sale for California residents only and can be purchased here. The theme park is continuing to celebrate Annual and Season Pass Members with a series of complimentary Bonus Days on select days through Sunday, May 16; these Bonus Days can be reserved here by Annual and Season Pass Members. Annual and Season Pass Members will be able to resume regular use of their passes starting on Monday, May 17.
Universal Studios Hollywood is implementing the following safety guidelines and procedures:
- Temperature checks for all guests upon arrival. If temperatures exceed 100.4° Fahrenheit / 38° Celsius or greater, Guests will not be permitted to enter.
- Face coverings required for all guests throughout their visit. Face coverings also will be available for purchase.
- Controlled capacity within the theme park, and limited occupancy at all CityWalk venues to help enforce physical distancing. Some areas and programs may remain temporarily closed.
- Rigorous cleaning and disinfecting at all food locations, restrooms, and all other high touchpoints.
- Physical distancing practices at all locations throughout the park and at rides and attractions.
- Eating and drinking permitted only in designated dining areas.
- Contactless payment options wherever possible.
More information about Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal CityWalk is available at www.UniversalStudiosHollywood.com.
Stay tuned to Inside Universal for all the latest on Universal Parks & Resorts.