Today, Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood announced they will be celebrating the 30th anniversary of the groundbreaking film, Jurassic Park, with a Jurassic June celebration; featuring special, limited-time experiences.
Universal Orlando Resort
- The Jurassic Park Tribute Store: Jurassic Park is taking over this summer in the Tribute Store at Universal Studios Florida. Opening on May 26, the immersive retail location will invite guests to explore the history of the blockbuster movie as they venture through a series of themed rooms that highlight everything from pre-production elements like storyboards and blueprints to photo ops that recreate memorable scenes from the iconic film. Guests can also shop exclusive 30th anniversary merchandise including apparel, hats, key chains, plush, collectibles, and more.
- Jurassic-Themed Menu Items: Guests visiting Thunder Falls at Islands of Adventure can sink their teeth into a new Coconut Cajeta Churro (a caramel-infused churro drizzled with coconut flakes and caramel sauce) and Prehistoric Raptor Wings (chargrilled chicken wings marinated with olive and spices then tossed in a sweet chili sauce and served with cilantro lime rice, black beans, and a plantain chip). Guests can also enjoy an exclusive Jurassic Park 30th Anniversary Fanta flavor – the “Wild Refresherrrr” – starting June 1.
- Jurassic Park Film Screenings at Universal Cinemark in CityWalk: Guests can catch screenings of the original Jurassic Park on June 9, 10, and 11 at Universal Cinemark.
Universal Studios Hollywood
- Exclusive Jurassic Park 30th Anniversary Merchandise: Universal Studios Hollywood will mark Jurassic Park’s 30th anniversary with an assortment of merchandise from apparel and plush to collectibles and more to celebrate the film. Select items will be available at the UNIVRS and Universal Studios Store on CityWalk and within the theme park at the Universal Studio Store and Jurassic Outfitters, located adjacent to “Jurassic World—The Ride.”
- Jurassic-Themed Food and Beverage Offerings: Universal Studios Hollywood will serve up a new selection of Latin American-inspired food and themed anniversary beverages this summer at Jurassic Cafe, located next to “Jurassic World—The Ride.”
- The new menu will feature Grilled Veggie and Beef Skewers, Brazilian Cheese Bread, Raptor Hummus, Coconut Flan, Dino Chocolate Tres Leches Cake, and a Family Feast (two half chickens and two skewers, hummus, chips, cheese balls, mojo pork and vegetables).
- Guests can quench their thirst with Jurassic World-themed Boxed Water, an exclusive Jurassic Park 30th Anniversary “Wild Refresherrrr” Fanta Flavor or an Amber Mojito.
- The popular Isla Nu-Bar’s menu will expand to include a new “Jurassic Water” cocktail and dinosaur-themed wines – Pterrior Dactyl Rosé and Blanco-Osaurus. Additionally, cocktails can be served in a new souvenir Volcano Tiki Cup.
- Jurassic Park on the Big Screen at Universal Cinema AMC in CityWalk: Moviegoers can catch screenings of the original film at Universal Cinema AMC the weekend of June 9.
The activities at Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood are just part of a collection of exciting experiences taking place during #JurassicJune and beyond to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Jurassic Park. Fans can look forward to new broadcast, digital and game content, as well as exclusive merchandise across a variety of categories at retailers around the world, a re-release of the film, retail promotions, anniversary celebration events, fan conventions, and more to celebrate the awe-inspiring film. Follow #JurassicPark30 and #JurassicJune for more information about anniversary activities.
Stay tuned to Inside Universal for all the latest news on Universal Parks & Resorts and follow along on our forums & discussion boards.